Koji Rejects trade to Jays

weams

Source: Koji Uehara rejects trade to Toronto

January, 24, 2012

JAN 24

8:34

PM CT

By Richard Durrett

Rangers reliever Koji Uehara refused a trade to the Toronto Blue Jays, according to a source. Uehara has a limited no-trade clause that includes six teams and Toronto is one of those.

Reports in Japan earlier Tuesday first noted Uehara had refused a trade to the Blue Jays. The Rangers continue to talk to other teams about Uehara, who is slated to make $4 million this season.

A report in Japan said Uehara didn't want to move his family from Baltimore to Toronto.

,,, http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/texas-rangers/post/_/id/4877600/source-koji-uehara-rejects-trade-to-toronto

Maybe he's coming home?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rangers won't get the same kind of value back for Koji that they sent Baltimore. Do you think something like that could cause tension between the clubs if the O's were aggressive in trying to get him back?

No, because MacPhail never filed a grievance against Texas over the Davis torn Labrum. Karma.

The Rangers won't get the same kind of value back for Koji that they sent Baltimore. Do you think something like that could cause tension between the clubs if the O's were aggressive in trying to get him back?

I was wondering the same thing...do the Rangers have too much pride to sell him back to us for less?

No, because MacPhail never filed a grievance against Texas over the Davis torn Labrum. Karma.

Ahh, good point. I guess it's hard to tell exactly how clubs interact as none of us (I think) are actually within the process. It may just be part of the game and widely accepted that value fluccuates and players keep secrets sometimes.

Archived